Dosa Making Instructions
Makes 18 dosa - Enough for the whole family!
1. In a large bowl, combine the dosa mix with 720ml water and use a whisk to stir to a smooth batter. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
2. Pour 1 Tbsp oil onto a plate. Chop an onion in half and holding the base of the onion, dip the chopped side into the oil then use this to grease your non-stick pan.
3. Whisk the batter once more before use. Using the ladle provided, spoon a measure of the dosa mix into the centre of the lukewarm pan. Use the underside of the ladle to spread the batter in an outward circular motion to get a thin dosa of around 8 inches in diameter.
4. Increase the heat of the pan to medium/high, sprinkle a few drops of oil around the edges and fry until golden brown and crispy on one side only. Use a spatula to fold the dosa back onto itself then remove.
5. Serve with a dollop of the Ginger Jam and some Gunpowder mixed with a little sesame oil or make the Aloo (potato) masala from the recipe we have provided.
6. Sprinkle a few drops of cold water onto the pan before making the next dosa, as its essential to cool the pan first. Repeat the above process with the remaining dosa batter.